- 13-Feb-2017 to 16-Mar-2017 (CST)
- Community Health Initiaves
- Cleveland, OH, USA
- $10 - $20
- Part Time
Position: YMCA's Diabetes Prevention Program Lifestyle Coach
Location: Various YMCA and community sites throughout Northeastern Ohio - Special needs at this time are people to work in
- the city of Cleveland
- Lorain County esp. southern area
- North Royalton/Parma area
- Spanish-speaking staff
General Description: Facilitate delivery of YMCA's Diabetes Prevention Program, provide support and guidance to program participants, and maintain fidelity to the curriculum.
Qualifications: Must have strong communication and relationship-building skills, the ability to build community within a group, and have empathy for health seekers. Must be flexible to work with a wide variety of people; detail, data and computer savvy. Knowledge of basic health, nutrition, and fitness is important. An understanding of behavior change is required. Must be warm and engaging and possess excellent listening skills. Must successfully complete training and certification course.
NOTE: Applicants must be available to attend an in-person training on March 20-21 from 8:00-5-00.
- Lead 16 once-a-week one-hour small group discussion classes, continuing with bi-weekly and monthly follow-up meetings for the balance of twelve months.
- Record weekly data for each participant, and enter data electronically.
- Encourage group participation and interaction using open-ended questions.
- Prepare before each class (i.e., review food and activity trackers, plan lesson, calls/emails to participants)
- Adhere to the YMCA's HIPAA policies and ensure participants' protected health information is secure.
- Must be willing to travel and have reliable transportation
Salary: $20/hour for class facilitation, $10/hour for administrative work
Hours: Varies dependant on class availability: there may be months with no hours, and other months with 3-5 hours per week Special needs at this time are for people who have flexible schedules.